Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Apple MDM Certificate Renewal

Hello,

Our Apple MDM push certificate, ADE and VPP tokens are set to expire on 7/1. Our MDM is Meraki Systems Manager. Is it ok to do the renewal a day (or more) ahead of time?

Thank you,

Gary

iPhone SE (3rd generation)

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 8:52 AM

Yes. And it is strongly recommended that you do NOT wait till the last minute. Please note, DEP and VPP tokens can expire and then be renewed. While there will be some specific service disruption, it is not the end of the world. However, the Push cert MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO EXPIRE. And, make sure you are renewing the cert with the same Apple ID that created it. Do NOT replace the cert with a new one created by another Apple ID. Always renew the cert. Always use the same Apple ID.

Hope this is helpful,

Reid

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 8:52 AM in response to goodwillne

Yes. And it is strongly recommended that you do NOT wait till the last minute. Please note, DEP and VPP tokens can expire and then be renewed. While there will be some specific service disruption, it is not the end of the world. However, the Push cert MUST NEVER BE ALLOWED TO EXPIRE. And, make sure you are renewing the cert with the same Apple ID that created it. Do NOT replace the cert with a new one created by another Apple ID. Always renew the cert. Always use the same Apple ID.

Hope this is helpful,

Reid

Apr 22, 2024 11:34 PM in response to goodwillne

Background - I have already renewed my MDM Push and VPP certs a month ago.

However my DEP cert has expired and it is currently on an appleID for the user who is no longer with the org.

The MDM and VPP were also on the same user(who left the org) but my current colleague renew the push cert last year on his appleID(used the same appleID this year too to renew the push cert.) and I updated the VPP this year on my apple id(no issues while updating VPP using my appleID

I have reached out to apple support and asked if I can used my appleID to renew the DEP - Enrollment Program token but I am not confident with the answer as he mentioned about creating a new profile and was not clear.

My question here is that I am renewing the existing Enrollment Program token and as in the screenshot I have the availability to use my appleid here as the Apple token that I have downloaded from ABM is under my appleid. If I do this, I wanna make sure its not making me re-enroll devices or break anything.

The other option I will have is reaching to Apple support and update the apple ID before making changes.

Apple MDM Certificate Renewal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.