Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Emails are frequently sent to the junk folder on my iPad

frequently good emails go to .junk. The senders are frequently in my contacts. Help someone

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jun 29, 2023 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2023 1:23 AM

I totally understand the frustration of important emails ending up in the junk folder. Here's a couple of things you could try:

1. Check your email settings: Look for an option like "spam settings" or "junk mail settings" and adjust them to be less aggressive.
  2. Mark emails as "not spam": If you find a legitimate email in the junk folder, there's usually an option to mark it as "not spam". Doing this should help your email provider learn over time what's junk and what's not.
  3. Add to VIP list: If your email provider has a VIP list or similar, adding important contacts to this list can help ensure their emails come straight to your inbox.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2023 1:23 AM in response to Texas Cats

I totally understand the frustration of important emails ending up in the junk folder. Here's a couple of things you could try:

1. Check your email settings: Look for an option like "spam settings" or "junk mail settings" and adjust them to be less aggressive.
  2. Mark emails as "not spam": If you find a legitimate email in the junk folder, there's usually an option to mark it as "not spam". Doing this should help your email provider learn over time what's junk and what's not.
  3. Add to VIP list: If your email provider has a VIP list or similar, adding important contacts to this list can help ensure their emails come straight to your inbox.

Jun 30, 2023 2:05 AM in response to Texas Cats

Email can occasionally be mis-classified by your email provider. Begin with accessing your email account from your email Provider’s web-portal - and look for any fail filtering rules that may be active or require modification.

Otherwise, on your iPad, simply drag the received email from the Junk folder to your inbox. This may need to be repeated - but for automatic classification by your iPad, your iPad should “learn” that email from the recipient is not junk. For email classified as junk by your mail provider, this won’t help.

Finally, beware of advice being posted within this thread that has been AI-generated (possibly by ChatGPT) - as it is largely incorrect or irrelevant to iOS/iPadOS. For the most part, AI-generated material is at best wildly inaccurate.

Emails are frequently sent to the junk folder on my iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.