Removal of all files stored in iPhone

It is time to do a serious cleanup of my iPhone 13 memory. I have all of the stuff on my phone that I need stored in external places and can completely start over, but I do not want to remove the apps. How do I do a mass cleanup?

iPhone 13 mini

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 4:55 AM

Hello Jeff Neufer,

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap iPhone Storage

Look at what is contributing the most to you storage. This list should sort automatically by which app is using the most storage. You can either delete the app (I know you said you didn't want this), or delete the data associated with the app. This could remove game progress and other stats if it is not a separate account. Some apps (Podcasts for example), will download podcasts to your iPhone. This can be toggled off, but if you have it toggled on you can easily save 1GB+ if you use the Podcasts app by removing old downloaded podcasts not needed anymore.

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 4:55 AM in response to Jeff Neufer

Hello Jeff Neufer,

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap General
  3. Tap iPhone Storage

Look at what is contributing the most to you storage. This list should sort automatically by which app is using the most storage. You can either delete the app (I know you said you didn't want this), or delete the data associated with the app. This could remove game progress and other stats if it is not a separate account. Some apps (Podcasts for example), will download podcasts to your iPhone. This can be toggled off, but if you have it toggled on you can easily save 1GB+ if you use the Podcasts app by removing old downloaded podcasts not needed anymore.

How to check the storage on your iPhone and iPad - Apple Support.

Removal of all files stored in iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.