Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Related Article: About the security content of macOS Big Sur 11.7.1

how can i down load this version to my macbook

How do i update my late 2015 macbook pro retina to a more up to date software

MacBook, OS X 10.10

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 9:27 AM

4 replies

Jul 1, 2023 9:39 AM in response to andydriscoll72

There were only mid-2015 MacBook Pro models, but at any rate, if you are still running macOS Mojave (10.14.6) or earlier, you may have 32-bit applications (or 64-bit applications with 32-bit dependencies) that are not supported on macOS Monterey.

I recommend that you download and run the free Go64 application to determine 32-bit application dependencies before the upgrade. If vendor available, these applications must be upgraded to their 64-bit versions before the operating system upgrade. The exception to the application upgrade process is that Microsoft 365/Office 2021 for Mac require macOS Big Sur (11.*) or later for installation.

Do not upgrade to Monterey without a last Time Machine backup either. Then don't let Monterey's Time Machine backup to that drive. Start a new Time Machine drive.

how can i down load this version to my macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.