Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

How do you re-sequence photos in an album?

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 5:02 PM

Hello franskrit,

Photos within the Recents album will always be sorted by the date they were added to iCloud Photos / your iPhone. Library will always sort by the date the photo was taken.

You can only sort photos within Shared Albums and Albums you create.

1. Open Photos
  2. Tap Albums
  3. Open one of your albums
  4. Tap More (three dots in the upper right)
  5. Tap Sort
  6. Choose a sorting method, Custom Order, Oldest to Newest, Newest to Oldest.

I hope this helps!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2023 5:02 PM in response to franskrit

Hello franskrit,

Photos within the Recents album will always be sorted by the date they were added to iCloud Photos / your iPhone. Library will always sort by the date the photo was taken.

You can only sort photos within Shared Albums and Albums you create.

1. Open Photos
  2. Tap Albums
  3. Open one of your albums
  4. Tap More (three dots in the upper right)
  5. Tap Sort
  6. Choose a sorting method, Custom Order, Oldest to Newest, Newest to Oldest.

I hope this helps!

Apr 13, 2024 10:46 AM in response to franskrit

When I am shooting sports, I am usually using continuous shooting 10 frames a second. When I download the photos they are in sequence but when I put them in a shared album they are all out of sequence since the dates and times are the same for all. I have tried changing the times on the photos but it does not work when I put them in a shared album.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.