Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I accidentally lay on my Macbook Air M2 for a few seconds.

I only lay on my Mac for a few seconds before I heard the sound of it restarting. I checked and fortunately, there is no external damage. How do I check if there is any internal break?

MacBook Air, macOS 12.5

Posted on Jul 1, 2023 11:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 2:11 AM

There are some obvious signs like a cracked screen, not booting up or booting up and not work as expected.

But to really know if there are more serious damages >>

1 - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

2 - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

3 - If there are damages and you are concerned about costs - only that can accurately answer that question

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 2:11 AM in response to tracie319

There are some obvious signs like a cracked screen, not booting up or booting up and not work as expected.

But to really know if there are more serious damages >>

1 - Have the computer evaluated by the Professionals who have the Special Hardware Software and Expertise to diagnose the issue and offer possible solutions

2 - Make an Appointment at the Apple Genius Bar and have them evaluate the computer

3 - If there are damages and you are concerned about costs - only that can accurately answer that question

I accidentally lay on my Macbook Air M2 for a few seconds.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.