Can I renew the warranty if my computer is out of warranty after receiving the technical service?

I got my MacBook back from the Genius Bar a week ago and although it is new, almost all the parts inside have been changed. Since the warranty is about to expire, they told me that I can renew my warranty through Apple support. But when I called and asked on the phone, they said that nothing like that had been done. Please help about this problem.

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 10:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 11:14 AM

You don't actually renew the warranty; you buy an extension. It's called AppleCare. But, you have to do that within a specified period of time with the clock starting to tick at the moment of purchase. 60 days I believe.

AppleCare Products - Apple

Apple says:

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase. (At the Apple Store, you'll need to bring your proof of purchase, and we'll inspect the device.)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 11:14 AM in response to samu301

You don't actually renew the warranty; you buy an extension. It's called AppleCare. But, you have to do that within a specified period of time with the clock starting to tick at the moment of purchase. 60 days I believe.

AppleCare Products - Apple

Apple says:

In most countries and regions, you can buy AppleCare+ within 60 days of your device purchase. In Japan, you can buy AppleCare+ within 30 days of your device purchase. In China mainland, you can buy AppleCare+ on your device within 7 days of your device purchase or in an Apple Store within 60 days of your device purchase. (At the Apple Store, you'll need to bring your proof of purchase, and we'll inspect the device.)

Can I renew the warranty if my computer is out of warranty after receiving the technical service?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.