Where the heck is the charger for my new Apple Watch?

I just got an Apple watch and there's no charger. What gives?

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 10:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 3:01 PM

Please be aware the description "charger" is open to confusion. It might refer to the mains adaptor, the connecting cable, or the charging control circuits which are actually inside your Apple Watch.

Your new Apple Watch (Series 8?) should have been supplied with a magnetic charging puck which has a USB-C connector to plug into the mains adaptor. The mains adaptor itself is not supplied, because most users already have one for their iPhone or similar devices and there is pressure to reduce the worldwide surplus charger mountain.

If you had an earlier model of Apple Watch you might also have the older version of charging puck with a USB-A connector. This is also compatible with current watches but it does not charge as fast as the later version.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 2, 2023 3:01 PM in response to sptexpress

Please be aware the description "charger" is open to confusion. It might refer to the mains adaptor, the connecting cable, or the charging control circuits which are actually inside your Apple Watch.

Your new Apple Watch (Series 8?) should have been supplied with a magnetic charging puck which has a USB-C connector to plug into the mains adaptor. The mains adaptor itself is not supplied, because most users already have one for their iPhone or similar devices and there is pressure to reduce the worldwide surplus charger mountain.

If you had an earlier model of Apple Watch you might also have the older version of charging puck with a USB-A connector. This is also compatible with current watches but it does not charge as fast as the later version.

Where the heck is the charger for my new Apple Watch?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.