need to erase and reset my ipad that is mdm managed so the settings are not availible for me to do it the normal way

Erase and reset but the settings won’t allow me to do so as it’s mdm managed and I can’t remember the settings and can’t get hold of my it friend who set it up

iPad mini 6, iPadOS 16

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 9:21 AM

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment.  The applied policy may severely restrict what you can and can’t do with the device.

Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 3, 2023 9:21 AM in response to Bradonis23

The presence of a management profile indicates that the device is centrally managed by an Enterprise or Educational establishment.  The applied policy may severely restrict what you can and can’t do with the device.

Devices that are configuration locked by an MDM platform can usually only be released from central management by the platform that manages the device. Be aware that Apple will not assist with removal of management profiles.

Unless you are lucky - and have the option to delete the profile from iPad Settings - you’ll need to seek assistance directly from the System Administrator who manages the device. 

Install or remove configuration profiles on iPad - Apple Support

need to erase and reset my ipad that is mdm managed so the settings are not availible for me to do it the normal way

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.