How to go back to iOS 16.6?

Update software iOS 16.6

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 11, iOS 17

Posted on Jul 2, 2023 9:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 7:23 AM

Hello there!

Since this iOS doesn’t exist (as of now,) you shall find it difficult to downgrade to it. BTW, downgrading your iOS is impossible.

If you meant something else, please provide further details about your inquiry.

Good Luck!

8 replies

Jul 3, 2023 10:26 AM in response to H1290

I didn't mention that anyone running a beta (public or by invitation only seed releases) must agree to an NDA (non disclosure agreement) which is supposed to prevent them from discussing anything about it with anyone. So even if a contributor here knows the answer to a beta question, they are prohibited from posting an answer. The standard reply is that we are not allowed to discuss it except how to revert to a publicly released version.

Sep 27, 2023 5:24 PM in response to THANAWUTWONGSA

This iOS 16.7 is rubbish. My phone and my wife's phone are both having troubles with calls. People on the other end can hear us, but we can't hear them. How do we revert to 16.6 (public) or fix this issue. Ridiculous "update" Apple.

And if we can't "downgrade" to a version that was working, when will Apple fix the issues with 16.7? It is far from an upgrade when a basic phone function (making and receiving calls) doesn't work!!

How to go back to iOS 16.6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.