How to share the slideshow I made from an album? Photos 8.0, 2017 5K iMac 27. latest Ventura.

I know I can share an album. Can I share the slideshow I just made? How? Thanks.

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 4:37 PM

3 replies

Jul 4, 2023 4:10 PM in response to bennettfromca

Hello bennettfromca,

These steps from Export photos, videos, slideshows, and memories in Photos on Mac - Apple Support will guide you through exporting a slideshow made in Photos, that you can then share:

You can export slideshows to share with others. When you export a slideshow, Photos creates a movie file with the video format that you select. 
1. In the Photos app  on your Mac, click a slideshow under Projects in the sidebar.
2. Click Export in the toolbar, or choose File > Export > Export Slideshow.
3. Enter a filename for your slideshow movie in the Save As field.
4. Click the Format pop-up menu and choose a file type for the exported movie.
Standard definition (480p) is good for standard-definition TV. If the slideshow will play on a high-definition TV or display, choose one of the high-definition formats: 720p or 1080p.
5. Choose where to save the exported slideshow movie, then click Save.

Cheers.

Jul 5, 2023 10:51 AM in response to bennettfromca

Hello bennettfromca,

You could share the exported file directly from the location you saved in using Finder or using the QuickTime Player on your Mac:

Share your movies from QuickTime Player on Mac
When you share your movie, QuickTime Player creates a version of the movie that’s optimized for how you choose to share.
1. In the QuickTime Player app  on your Mac, open the movie.
2. Do one of the following:
* Choose File > Share, then choose how you want to share your movie.
* Click the Share and Playback Speed button , choose Share, then choose how you want to share your movie.
5. If AirDrop isn’t listed, your Mac doesn’t support it.
6. Note: If you opened a movie stored on iCloud Drive, choose Share File from the pop-up menu to share the item with other iCloud users. See Use iCloud File Sharing to share folders and documents with others.

You'll find this information here: Share your movies from QuickTime Player on Mac - Apple Support

Take care.

How to share the slideshow I made from an album? Photos 8.0, 2017 5K iMac 27. latest Ventura.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.