You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Payment Method

*** Also I am an android user. This is my first time with apple ***

I bought a new ipad (6th gen) When trying to download a game. It says "This Apple ID has not yet been used in the ITunes Store." Then I press review and agree to Terms and conditions. Then I fill out all the formation but when it comes to the payment method. I have the option of "none" but when I try to continue. It says "Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction" but I don't want to use a credit/debit card or PayPal. What do I do?

iPad

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 11:21 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 3:35 AM

While it is possible to create an AppleID without registering a payment method, downloading any Apps from the Apple App Store will require that an accepted payment method is registered against your AppleID account. Many so-called “free” Apps have in-App purchases to unlock functionality.

For practical purposes, your AppleID will need at least one registered Credit Card. Many users that are uncomfortable with registering a payment method use a Credit Card that has a low credit limit. This resolves the requirement for a registered payment method - and ensures that any unintended spending is limited by the Card Issuer.

It is often a good idea to have two (or more) payment cards associated with your account in case there is a problem with your primary card - as a charge can be made to the second card without risk of impacting ongoing access to your AppleID account or associated services and subscriptions. With multiple Credit Cards, you can choose the sequence in which card payments are made.

You may find these support pages to be helpful:

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

An alternative method of securing access to the App Store is to apply credit by way of an Apple Gift Card. This credit can be used, if needed, for App or in-App purchases.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2023 3:35 AM in response to abc_3434

While it is possible to create an AppleID without registering a payment method, downloading any Apps from the Apple App Store will require that an accepted payment method is registered against your AppleID account. Many so-called “free” Apps have in-App purchases to unlock functionality.

For practical purposes, your AppleID will need at least one registered Credit Card. Many users that are uncomfortable with registering a payment method use a Credit Card that has a low credit limit. This resolves the requirement for a registered payment method - and ensures that any unintended spending is limited by the Card Issuer.

It is often a good idea to have two (or more) payment cards associated with your account in case there is a problem with your primary card - as a charge can be made to the second card without risk of impacting ongoing access to your AppleID account or associated services and subscriptions. With multiple Credit Cards, you can choose the sequence in which card payments are made.

You may find these support pages to be helpful:

If you need to change or update your Apple ID payment method - Apple Support

Add a payment method to your Apple ID - Apple Support

Remove a payment method from your Apple ID - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

An alternative method of securing access to the App Store is to apply credit by way of an Apple Gift Card. This credit can be used, if needed, for App or in-App purchases.

Jul 4, 2023 12:43 AM in response to abc_3434

Did you make sure, that your Apple ID balance covers your purchase?

You can use Apple Gift Cards to increase the Apple ID balance.

If this does not work, use this link to contact the official Apple Support. Only they can look into your personal data, to find the reason for that:

Apple Billing Support

You can also download and use the Apple Support App, to get in contact:

Download the Apple Support app

Payment Method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.