Not receiving verification code

Not receiving verification codes via text

I’m placing an order and my phone number is required for me to receive a text via messages and I’m not receiving the code in my messages

iPhone 14 Pro Max

Posted on Jul 3, 2023 11:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 12:14 AM

Generally, those verification codes are sent using Short Code Text Messaging. These short code text messages are received from a 5 or 6 digit phone number. This capability/feature is provided and managed by your carrier. I recommend that you contact your carrier and tell them about not receiving verification codes which may be sent over short code messaging service. Their support team should be able to address this for you and find a resolution.

Axel F.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 12:14 AM in response to geneva6014

Generally, those verification codes are sent using Short Code Text Messaging. These short code text messages are received from a 5 or 6 digit phone number. This capability/feature is provided and managed by your carrier. I recommend that you contact your carrier and tell them about not receiving verification codes which may be sent over short code messaging service. Their support team should be able to address this for you and find a resolution.

Axel F.

Aug 17, 2023 10:01 AM in response to Axel Foley

I had this issue, no verification codes by text either by SMS or from a phone number. and when I called ATT tech support and they sent a link via text to see my phone remotely that would not come through, either. We could not figure it out until I went to settings -> phone -> calls on other devices -> turn it off. Fixed it. Must be a security thing to not allow verification codes etc go to multiple devices.

Not receiving verification code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.