You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot expand AQI Map in the Weather App

iPhone 12 North America. Often, you cannot expand the Air Quality Index map to the larger full map view, it will simply do nothing when you click the map that shows your nearby AQI.

The issue is inconsistent, and does not resolve with a restart of the app or hard reset. Some days it will work and some days it will not. Have verified this issue on other devices running iOS 16.2 and newer.

iPhone 12

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 4:33 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jul 5, 2023 12:18 PM in response to -lasagna

Hi -lasagna, 

Thanks for posting here in Apple Support Communities. You've mentioned that the map won't expand to the larger full map view. When you tap the AQI, does any map appear? Let's also make sure that your devices are running the latest software versions as well as this may help to address the issue you're facing. You can also see more about the features available in the Weather app here: Feature availability and data sources in the Weather app - Apple Support

Kind regards. 

Jul 17, 2023 5:52 PM in response to Keisha_Keisha

Hi Keisha, thanks for the reply. When I open the weather app, I can see the AQI map widget (scrolling down past the weekly forecast), and tapping the Air Quality section. When I do this a map of my local AQI appears without issue. However, when I click on this local map it should expand to a larger map that I can move around and view other areas, similar to the radar map. Unfortunately, I cannot expand this AQI map past the local view. When I tap the local view the larger movable map does not open, as expected.

I updated to 16.5.1 and see the same issue. Thanks for any suggestions

Cannot expand AQI Map in the Weather App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.