I want to change my region will it affect my music

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 9:24 AM

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Apple says: "Redownload your apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books on any devices that you might use to play or read them in the future. Some types of content might not be available in your new country or region. (Learn what types of content and services are available in your new country or region. -

Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

)"

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 9:24 AM in response to aliyu169

The article "Change your Apple ID country or region" describes how to change your country setting on everything using your Apple ID, and the requirements and results of doing this --> Change your Apple ID country or region - Apple Support

Apple says: "Redownload your apps, music, movies, TV shows, and books on any devices that you might use to play or read them in the future. Some types of content might not be available in your new country or region. (Learn what types of content and services are available in your new country or region. -

Availability of Apple Media Services - Apple Support

)"

Jul 4, 2023 10:18 AM in response to Limnos

For a bit of clarity:

Any music you have purchased and have on your computer will remain. Since changing countries involves canceling all subscriptions, this will cancel and remove most things associated with Apple Music except for purchases or items from other sources that are already on your computer. If you were streaming Music over the Apple Music subscription, playlists may disappear and so will all songs that were downloaded for offline listening. It is not necessarily a case of "all your music will be deleted". However, Apple Music subscription items may not be available in your new country, and items such as playlists will be lost.

Realize that if you have purchased something from Apple, it may not be available for redownloading. Make sure you have backups on local drives.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.