You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I play a lot of games on my iphone, isn't it bad for my battery and what should i do?

i'm at maximum capacity 67% and the battery can't last a day if i play my games. should i just keep charging my phone a few times a day? it's really terrible. i will have the same problem in future if i replace the battery too?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 12:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 9:46 PM

Playing demanding games can be hard on the battery.

If you've run down your battery health to 67% by playing lots of games, and you replace the battery, and you keep using the phone in the same way, I'd expect the new battery to get run down by about the same amount, in about the same amount of time.

Whether to replace your battery now, or to keep the old battery a while longer (and recharge it more frequently), is up to you.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 4, 2023 9:46 PM in response to helpch

Playing demanding games can be hard on the battery.

If you've run down your battery health to 67% by playing lots of games, and you replace the battery, and you keep using the phone in the same way, I'd expect the new battery to get run down by about the same amount, in about the same amount of time.

Whether to replace your battery now, or to keep the old battery a while longer (and recharge it more frequently), is up to you.

iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

Jul 4, 2023 8:57 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Dude. Are you unable to read my quoted sentence? I asked if i should keep charging my phone a few times a day INSTEAD OF REPLACING THE BATTERY. does that mean you're saying "NO I SHOULDN'T KEEP CHARGING MY PHONE A FEW TIMES A DAY INSTEAD OF REPLACING THE BATTERY"?

Lawrence Finch wrote:

helpch wrote:

helpch wrote:

should i just keep charging my phone a few times a day?
instead of replacing battery?
Have Apple replace the batteryiPhone Battery Replacement - Official Apple Support. How can that be “instead of replacing the battery?” I said REPLACE THE BATTERY.

Jul 5, 2023 7:34 AM in response to helpch

helpch wrote:

i'm at maximum capacity 67% and the battery can't last a day if i play my games. should i just keep charging my phone a few times a day? it's really terrible. i will have the same problem in future if i replace the battery too?

As I told you several times, 67% is below the 80% that Apple uses as a standard for a failed battery. That is why I told you to replace the battery. But you chose not to believe me.

I play a lot of games on my iphone, isn't it bad for my battery and what should i do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.