How do I make my macbook's lock screen picture different than the desktop background??

I have macOS Ventura. I want my lock screen picture to be different than my desktop. Every time I change my desktop background it automatically makes my lock screen the same thing. This is kind of annoying and frustrating because you've been able to change the two separately on the iPhone for a long time now. I have gone to the "go to folder", typed in this "/Library/Caches/Desktop Pictures" and changed the picture there, which is successful literally only for a minute or so. Then when I log out again it changes my lock screen back to the desktop background picture....

I don't know what else to do, any help would be appreciated.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 1:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 1:58 PM

novalyse661 wrote:

I have macOS Ventura. I want my lock screen picture to be different than my desktop. Every time I change my desktop background it automatically makes my lock screen the same thing.

the lock screen is the Desktop wallpaper same same.

To be proactive you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 1:58 PM in response to novalyse661

novalyse661 wrote:

I have macOS Ventura. I want my lock screen picture to be different than my desktop. Every time I change my desktop background it automatically makes my lock screen the same thing.

the lock screen is the Desktop wallpaper same same.

To be proactive you can submit your Apple Feedback here: Product Feedback - Apple

How do I make my macbook's lock screen picture different than the desktop background??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.