how do I reset my Apple TV and start over

how do I reset my Apple TV from the very beginning

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 3:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 4:22 PM

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so, which model?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

1. Here are reset instructions, if the menus are still accessible to you: Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support
  2. If you can’t access the menus (i.e. not functional), then it depends on your model device. Non-4K models can be restored through a USB connected computer. For 4K models you will need assistance from Apple. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support
  3. If you are still in the beginning setup questions, then you can go back using the Menu or Back button on the remote. Repeat until you get to the Language question.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 4:22 PM in response to Lovemygus14

Do you have the Apple TV box? If so, which model?

Identify your Apple TV model - Apple Support

Find your Apple TV model number - Apple Support

1. Here are reset instructions, if the menus are still accessible to you: Reset or restore your Apple TV to its factory settings - Apple Support
  2. If you can’t access the menus (i.e. not functional), then it depends on your model device. Non-4K models can be restored through a USB connected computer. For 4K models you will need assistance from Apple. Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support
  3. If you are still in the beginning setup questions, then you can go back using the Menu or Back button on the remote. Repeat until you get to the Language question.

how do I reset my Apple TV and start over

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.