The AirPods do not connect well to the "find my" application, It looks like I don't own them anymore

I have AirPods Pro that I want to transfer to another phone (from an iPhone 13 to an iPhone 14) but the iPhones are not on the same Apple ID, before I tried to transfer the AirPods I had the option to locate them and declare them as working and a few other things through the "find my" app right now after I tried to transfer them and do a reset, the options don't show up for me anymore, I only get notifications of arrival and playing a sound, it's like the AirPods are no longer set as mine, what can I do? (If it matters I still have the original box)

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 4:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 5:54 PM

Treat it as if you were selling the AirPods so they have to be completely wiped. Use this Apple support document as a checklist and see which step you might have missed

Before you sell, give away, return, or recycle your AirPods - Apple Support

1 reply

The AirPods do not connect well to the "find my" application, It looks like I don't own them anymore

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.