What if my Face ID is compromised

on some of my apps I don’t even have to look at the screen and it just opens up when it’s utilizing the Face ID aspect of security. Then other times I can not get my own phone to accept my face for recognition.

iPhone 12 Pro

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 10:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 4, 2023 10:34 PM

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode, then tap Reset Face ID. Next tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If your iPhone has a history of Camera replacement / Repair / Service from an un-authorised service provider then it is possible that Apple may refuse to service your iPhone if it has been previously serviced by an unauthorized service center.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

Parts and service history

With iOS 15.2 and later and iPhone XR, iPhone XS models, and later—including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)—you can go to Settings > General > About for the parts and service history of your iPhone. You can also find out if the battery has been replaced. If the replacement was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, "Genuine Apple Part" will appear next to Battery.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 4, 2023 10:34 PM in response to Suek007

The link on top of this page which you had visited, before posting this question here, is shown under the "Related Article” that may have given you an answer.

You need to mention which part of the article was not clear to you.

If you still need help, reset Face ID, then set it up again. Go to Settings, tap Face ID & Passcode, then tap Reset Face ID. Next tap Set up Face ID to set it up again.

If Face ID isn't working on your iPhone or iPad Pro

If your iPhone has a history of Camera replacement / Repair / Service from an un-authorised service provider then it is possible that Apple may refuse to service your iPhone if it has been previously serviced by an unauthorized service center.

Get a Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Contact Genius Bar.

Manage Reservations - My Reservations - Apple

Parts and service history

With iOS 15.2 and later and iPhone XR, iPhone XS models, and later—including iPhone SE (2nd and 3rd generation)—you can go to Settings > General > About for the parts and service history of your iPhone. You can also find out if the battery has been replaced. If the replacement was done using genuine Apple parts and processes, "Genuine Apple Part" will appear next to Battery.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.