family sharing

How do i find out who is in my family? who i've been sharing with? what do i do if someone has my apple id and password?

iPhone XR, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 12:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:06 AM

Hello bhatchet13,

How do i find out who is in my family?

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Family (under Your Name [Apple ID])

This should list everyone in your Family Share group. If you don't see the Family option in Settings.

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Your Name (Apple ID)
  3. Tap Family Sharing

who i've been sharing with?

Is this in reference to Family Share or in general?

Within the Family Share settings (see above)

Tap Subscriptions. If you see anything that says Shared by You, you're sharing that subscription with the entire Family Share group.

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Family
  3. Tap Subscriptions
  4. Tap Manage Subscriptions
  5. Toggle off Share with Family if you want this off

----------

If this is in regards to privacy do the following:

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Privacy & Security
  3. Scroll down and tap on Safety Check
  4. Tap Manage Sharing & Access

You can tap on Emergency Reset which will reset all of your sharing settings. In other words, if any person or app had access to your Location, Notes, Health, etc. they would need to ask for permission again or you'd have to grant it to them.

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

I'd highly recommend going through your Privacy & Security related settings (start with Safety Check) and revoke access to people and apps that are overstepping their permissions and/or you just don't want to share with them anymore.

If you need help with this please let me know!

what do i do if someone has my apple id and password?

You should change your Apple ID password immediately - Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Apple IDs should not be shared and therefore no one needs access to your Apple ID besides you.

If you go through the Safety Check that I recommended above:

Step 3 will list all devices currently logged into your Apple ID. Select all devices you do not recognize and remove them. This will log them out of your Apple ID.

Step 4 will allow you to change your Apple ID password.

As stated above, I'd highly recommend going through Safety Check asap!

Please let me know if you need any more assistance with iPhone security and privacy!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 4:06 AM in response to bhatchet13

Hello bhatchet13,

How do i find out who is in my family?

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Family (under Your Name [Apple ID])

This should list everyone in your Family Share group. If you don't see the Family option in Settings.

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Your Name (Apple ID)
  3. Tap Family Sharing

who i've been sharing with?

Is this in reference to Family Share or in general?

Within the Family Share settings (see above)

Tap Subscriptions. If you see anything that says Shared by You, you're sharing that subscription with the entire Family Share group.

1. Open Settings
  2. Tap Family
  3. Tap Subscriptions
  4. Tap Manage Subscriptions
  5. Toggle off Share with Family if you want this off

----------

If this is in regards to privacy do the following:

1. Open Settings
  2. Scroll down and tap on Privacy & Security
  3. Scroll down and tap on Safety Check
  4. Tap Manage Sharing & Access

You can tap on Emergency Reset which will reset all of your sharing settings. In other words, if any person or app had access to your Location, Notes, Health, etc. they would need to ask for permission again or you'd have to grant it to them.

How Safety Check on iPhone works to keep you safe - Apple Support

I'd highly recommend going through your Privacy & Security related settings (start with Safety Check) and revoke access to people and apps that are overstepping their permissions and/or you just don't want to share with them anymore.

If you need help with this please let me know!

what do i do if someone has my apple id and password?

You should change your Apple ID password immediately - Change your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

Apple IDs should not be shared and therefore no one needs access to your Apple ID besides you.

If you go through the Safety Check that I recommended above:

Step 3 will list all devices currently logged into your Apple ID. Select all devices you do not recognize and remove them. This will log them out of your Apple ID.

Step 4 will allow you to change your Apple ID password.

As stated above, I'd highly recommend going through Safety Check asap!

Please let me know if you need any more assistance with iPhone security and privacy!

family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.