MY NOTES APP IS NOT LOCKED BUT ALL THE NOTES HAVE DISSAPPEARED

I recently uninstalled and then re-installed my email accounts.

on doing so, my notes app is still on my iphone but all my notes have disappeared.

I have followed all the instructions to retrieve them and all the settings are correct. but the folders on notes are all empty. This has also affected notes on my Ipad

iPad Pro (4th generation)

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 5:35 AM

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 5:35 AM in response to Anib28

Where were the Notes? See the pic below. You will get your answer

The recently deleted folder will exist only if you deleted Notes from iCloud or from the "On My Phone" Folder. Deletion from other Folders does not use Recently Deleted Sub-Folder.

Please see the following pic which is self-explanatory

If you're missing notes on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Jul 5, 2023 6:53 AM in response to SravanKrA

Thankyou. I had 3 folders linked to two emails account only 1 folder was saved in ICloud which I still have access to.

Sadly the other two folders are now empty, I didn’t knowingly delete them. I just uninstalled both email accounts and then re-installed both but the notes attributed to those accounts are all gone . Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?

MY NOTES APP IS NOT LOCKED BUT ALL THE NOTES HAVE DISSAPPEARED

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.