Illusive Clipboard

Where is the clipboard on my iPad?? I keep clicking “share” to post my Wordle results and it keeps telling me it’s copied to the clipboard! Where is it??

iPad, iOS 11

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 6:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 6:20 AM

The iPad clipboard is merely a temporary location for text (or objects) that you “cut” or “copy”. When you “paste”, the last item copied to the clipboard is pasted to the chosen location.

The iOS/iPadOS clipboard is not of itself an accessible location or App - neither does it maintain any kind of history that can be reviewed or edited.

To copy to the clipboard, highlight the text passage, image or object; from the menu, select Copy.

Having copied the text or other item, you can simply “paste” to someplace else. To paste the current clipboard object, touch-and-hold with your finger to expose an action menu; from the menu, tap Paste.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 6:20 AM in response to Grandma76

The iPad clipboard is merely a temporary location for text (or objects) that you “cut” or “copy”. When you “paste”, the last item copied to the clipboard is pasted to the chosen location.

The iOS/iPadOS clipboard is not of itself an accessible location or App - neither does it maintain any kind of history that can be reviewed or edited.

To copy to the clipboard, highlight the text passage, image or object; from the menu, select Copy.

Having copied the text or other item, you can simply “paste” to someplace else. To paste the current clipboard object, touch-and-hold with your finger to expose an action menu; from the menu, tap Paste.

Illusive Clipboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.