Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

An audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable

An error message "An audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable."

I tried:

1. Rosetta Mode
  2. Reset All setting except key command assignment
  3. By bass all third party plug in
  4. Disconnect audio interface
  5. Reinstall Logic Pro X
  6. Run Plug in manager to Full audio unit reset + Reset rescan selection + Disable Failed Audio Units
  7. Run First Aid in Disk Utitily
  8. Restart computer

All of above couldn't solve the issue. My Logic Pro x is the latest version, MacBook air 13' M2. it had been working fine after I installed some plug in from Native instrument.( But they are all successfully validated) Could anyone help PLEASE? Many thanks indeed!

MacBook Air (M2, 2023)

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 7:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 7:04 AM

Why logic does not disable these faulty plugins automatically??

Similar questions

24 replies

Jan 24, 2024 1:44 PM in response to eo257

Any more updates/info? I'm on a M1 MBP, it's my first DAW and computer for music production. Only Logic versions have changed. All my plugins were gone through one by one to update and make sure they run on apple silicon.

Why doesn't Logic at least tell you WHICH PLUGIN is reporting the issue - or in which plugin Logic spotted a condition it didn't like? Are there logs?

This is annoying and I don't recall it happening before 10.8.

Jan 26, 2024 8:24 AM in response to yoyoBen

Ugh... because I get it on several projects. But if I solve it for one, hopefully would solve it for all.

Side note - that creation date for the plugins is a good hint! I have upgraded every plugin to its latest. I've also searched for people who may have been able to determine their culprit, but not found anything yet. So I might start with the oldest by that date, work my way forward.

Thanks again for helping. I still have to whine - I wish Apple would just get Logic logging these errors so we can find the source.

Jan 28, 2024 7:14 AM in response to yoyoBen

I'm just getting time to start this exercise, but all the plugins have dates in December 2023 - which would have been when I went through each product/vendor and made sure I had the latest versions. One of those, BIAS FX 2 had dates of November 12 2023 when I hit "show package contents". The main point is all of the ".component" files in the default folder had one of 2 december dates: 12/12, 12/29. There were none in my ~/Library folder.

So the hunt and peck process begins. Thanks for your help!

Mar 29, 2024 2:44 AM in response to cedricdecory1

Same issue is happening to me. For me the culprit is Antares I’m almost positive. I might have to redownload dispute the inoperable glitch in autotune just to make it stable in Logic, which should be equipped to automatically disable the plug in methinks. I’ve spent too much money on both companies to deal with this. Very frustrating. While I’m at it, iCloud is lame I would 1000% prefer a backup service.

Jan 25, 2024 12:31 AM in response to rick@whydoit.

Why doesn't Logic at least tell you WHICH PLUGIN is reporting the issue - or in which plugin Logic spotted a condition it didn't like? Are there logs?

Logic Pro > Preferences/Settings > Plugin Manager > Compatibility

You can Reset and Rescan failed plugins, sometimes they work after succeeding the scan. But I would rather update or remove the plugins manually from the components folder on your hard drive.

Don't forget to restart your computer.

This is annoying and I don't recall it happening before 10.8.

Create a backup before updating anything. You can also create a backup of the Logic Version before updating, rename the old version, put the old version back into your Application folder and use several Logic Versions.

Back up Logic Pro for Mac - Apple Support

Jan 25, 2024 7:40 AM in response to yoyoBen

Thanks for the response but

1) i already rescanned long ago when it first started and all passed

2) There were no “failed” to remove

2) this doesn’t speak to Logic identifying the culprit.

As for the back up, the method you described was more than I understand was needed. I DO have a Time Machine drive always connected. I understood that was all that was needed. I’ll look into pulling that.

thanks again

Jan 26, 2024 2:54 AM in response to rick@whydoit.

Than you have to do it the hard way....

Move your all your components to another folder. Look in both component folders

/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (the default folder)

and

~/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/ (the user folder)

Restart your computer, open the song you got problems with.

The error message should not appear. Put some plugins back into the default component folder.

Restart your computer, open the song you got problems with... and so on...

Edit:

The creation date of a component could be a hint. The older the plugin, the more likely it is the culprit.

Mar 28, 2024 4:28 PM in response to Mirmidon

This is exactly why so many people turn away from logic, I've been using it for many years - I would say the most frustrating thing is that when a plugin becomes unstable they don't tell you which one is not compatible, this means you now have to go through all your plugins and narrow down on which one isn't functioning.

It's an extremely poor system and I wouldn't put my money on logic fixing something like this.

Apr 11, 2024 11:11 AM in response to Claravox

The issue hasn’t been resolved yet. The culprit seems to be Keyscape, but I am not sure. I use my computer as a mobile keys rig and when the error Pops up, only the Keyscape sounds stop working.

No external ssd is being used in the setup. Just a 2i2 audio interface and nanokontrol 2.

Has anyone found a reliable solution yet?

Software details:

Keyscape software 1.5.1c arm

Keyscape sound sources v.5.0c

Keycape Patches v1.6.0c

Logic Pro X 10.8.1

macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

chip: m3 pro with 12c CPU, with 18gb of ram and 1tb of storage.

An audio Unit plug-in reported a problem which might cause the system to become unstable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.