Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Why am I receiving a cellular data error and cannot receive or make calls. Please help

Why am I receiving a cellular data error. I can not send or receive calls or use cellular data at all?

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 8:36 AM

6 replies

Jul 5, 2023 8:41 AM in response to kraig22

Check your iPhone settings

Go to Settings and turn on Airplane Mode, wait five seconds, then turn it off. Check Do Not Disturb. Go to Settings > Focus > Do Not Disturb and make sure it's turned off. Check for any blocked phone numbers.

If you can't make or receive calls on your iPhone - Apple Support

Can't send or receive message then try these steps first

1. Restart your device: ... 
  2. Check your network connection. ... 
  3. Check with your carrier to see if the type of message you're trying to send, like MMS or SMS, is supported.
  4. If you're trying to send group MMS messages on an iPhone, go to Settings > Messages and turn on MMS Messaging.

More items...

If you can't send or receive messages on your iPhone, iPad, or ...

Jul 6, 2023 5:47 AM in response to kraig22

kraig22 wrote: "80%"

80% is not healthy and is almost certainly the reason for the problem – the battery failing to provide sufficient power to the antenna to connect with cell tower signals. Apple recommends having the battery replaced at around 80% – so have the weak, aging battery replaced and all will be well:

iPhone Battery Service

About genuine iPhone batteries

Repair Provider Verification

(Articles found by searching Apple's Knowledge Base.)

õ¿õ¬

Why am I receiving a cellular data error and cannot receive or make calls. Please help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.