how do i update safari software

How do I update safari software to latest version. My MacBook Pro says it automatically updates, but I need to update Safari

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 9:52 AM

Safari is update when your macOS is updated (or upgraded to a later macOS version).

If you want to upgrade from Catalina to a later system, see the following.

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 9:52 AM in response to pettyfour

Safari is update when your macOS is updated (or upgraded to a later macOS version).

If you want to upgrade from Catalina to a later system, see the following.

The model year of a MacBook Pro is available at Apple menu > About This Mac.

A mid 2012 through early 2013 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to Catalina 10.15.7 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A late 2013 and mid 2014 can be upgraded to the latest  version of Big Sur macOS 11 but no later. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

An early 2015 through 2016 MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the latest version of Monterey macOS 12. See: How to download and install macOS - Apple Support

A 2017 or later MacBook Pro can be upgraded to the current version of Ventura macOS 13. See: How to upgrade to macOS Ventura - Apple Support

how do i update safari software

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.