Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

How to remove annoying email notification stating "virus protection"

I keep getting an email pop up to the right side where notifications come up "saying remove viruses from Mac" from **** "use this tool for Mac protection". Can you tell me how to get this off? I currently use Mcafee as my anti-virus software. It keeps popping up numerous times throughout the day. Below is a screenshot of my screen. Any advice on how to get rid of this would be greatly appreciated!

[Link Edited by Moderator]

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 12.0

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 11:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 12:42 PM

Those don't have anything to do with email. The notices sliding in the from the top right of the screen means a site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 12:42 PM in response to mrisaacjordan

Those don't have anything to do with email. The notices sliding in the from the top right of the screen means a site you visited has given itself permission to send push notifications. Everything you're seeing is nothing but a scam.

Open Safari's preferences. Click on the Websites tab and then scroll down to Notifications. Clear any entries in the right hand window. You might find something similar in the Pop-up Windows heading below that. Block any you don't recognize.

Then if you want, uncheck the box below as shown here.

I personally can't think of any reason why I would ever want any website to push notices to me.

How to remove annoying email notification stating "virus protection"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.