There is a black screen with slanted arrow icon

How do I start the Mac book pro

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 1:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 2:04 PM

The arrow you may be seeing is the thunderbolt logo. If that is true, then your MacBook is most likely in target disk mode. You can find information on target disk mode here: Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

In order to use your MacBook, simply press and hold the power button until it turns off, and then restart it. Make sure to not press any keys while it is starting, just to make sure it boots normally. I hope this helps!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 2:04 PM in response to Ladyagnes-Hillsboro

The arrow you may be seeing is the thunderbolt logo. If that is true, then your MacBook is most likely in target disk mode. You can find information on target disk mode here: Transfer files between two Mac computers using target disk mode - Apple Support

In order to use your MacBook, simply press and hold the power button until it turns off, and then restart it. Make sure to not press any keys while it is starting, just to make sure it boots normally. I hope this helps!

There is a black screen with slanted arrow icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.