You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use an Apple gift card for Apple TV?

Apple TV doesn't let me sign in -- when I enter the user name and password, nothing happens -- and then when I try to use my Apple gift card to pay for a TV subscription, there's no place to enter the number. What's the process for this?

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:08 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 4:39 PM

The value of Apple Gift cards can be transferred to your personal Apple ID account, by redeeming the card. Then this balance can be used to pay for digital products and services, such as subscriptions, or buy or rent movie titles. Apple ID balance will be used before any other payment method that is linked to your Apple ID account. The account balance is like an optional intermediate step (instead of credit or debit cards).

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card - Apple Support

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

What devices do you have available to manage this on? Do you perhaps have an iPhone, or iPad, or Mac? (There other methods, but these are most convenient.)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 5, 2023 4:39 PM in response to OddBacchus

The value of Apple Gift cards can be transferred to your personal Apple ID account, by redeeming the card. Then this balance can be used to pay for digital products and services, such as subscriptions, or buy or rent movie titles. Apple ID balance will be used before any other payment method that is linked to your Apple ID account. The account balance is like an optional intermediate step (instead of credit or debit cards).

How to redeem your Apple Gift Card or App Store & iTunes gift card - Apple Support

What you can buy with your Apple Gift Card or Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Check your Apple Account balance - Apple Support

Payment methods that you can use with your Apple ID - Apple Support

Get Apple TV+ - Apple Support

What devices do you have available to manage this on? Do you perhaps have an iPhone, or iPad, or Mac? (There other methods, but these are most convenient.)

How do I use an Apple gift card for Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.