How to make sure my photos are backed up to iCloud so I could delete them all from my phone

How do I back up all my photos to iCloud so I could delete them from my phone? Thank you.

Best,

Victoria Munoz

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 5:13 PM

If you use iCloud Photos, you cannot upload photos to iCloud and delete them from the phone. iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not off device storage. If you delete photos on one device, they are deleted on every device using iCloud Photos including in iCloud itself.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What happens when you edit or delete photos

When you edit or delete photos or videos, the changes are reflected across all of your devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2023 5:13 PM in response to victoriacmunoz

If you use iCloud Photos, you cannot upload photos to iCloud and delete them from the phone. iCloud Photos is a syncing service, not off device storage. If you delete photos on one device, they are deleted on every device using iCloud Photos including in iCloud itself.

Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support

What happens when you edit or delete photos

When you edit or delete photos or videos, the changes are reflected across all of your devices.

How to make sure my photos are backed up to iCloud so I could delete them all from my phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.