How can I put itunes on my ipod

How can I get itunes on my ipod

I cannot download itunes to my ipod

iPod, iOS 15

Posted on Jul 5, 2023 8:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 2:21 AM

You can download offline listening copies of Apple Music subscription music to an iPod Touch – or at least, to some iPod Touches.

Add music to iPod touch and listen offline - Apple Support

But then, the iPod Touch is basically an iPhone without the cellular radio.

6 replies

Jul 6, 2023 3:09 AM in response to pyrfectpup

You cannot install "iTunes" on your iPod. iTunes is the programme (on a computer), used to manage an iPod.

iTunes is used on all Windows PCs and on Macs with OS Mojave (10:14) or earlier. Note that if you are using a Mac, with OS Catalina (10:15) or later, then iTunes has been replaced by Finder, which comes pre-installed on the newer Mac and is used to manage iPods.

If you mean music, purchased from the iTunes Store, then either:

• download those purchases to your computer, where they will be automatically added to your iTunes Library and you can then use Sync to copy that music to your iPod
    • download the purchases directly from the iTunes Store, to your iPod. Some older iPods are no longer able to achieve this, in which case, one needs to use the method above

If you mean how do you play the music once it's on your iPod, then use the built-in Music app.

If you need further help with any of these things (or anything else), please ask.

Jul 9, 2023 2:18 AM in response to Cmvdwalt

Cmvdwalt wrote:

I have music that I listened to on Apple Music in my library
I can see my iPod on Finder and it syncs, but it doesn't sync all of my music in my library. What could the reason be please?

Your iPod Nano might not have room for all of the music that you have selected for syncing. If this is the case, then to sync everything you select, you'll need to make a smaller selection.

How can I put itunes on my ipod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.