You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error ox80070185: The cloud operation was unsuccessful

I have two movie (.MOV) files which will not download to my iCloud Photos folder on my Windows 11 laptop. I keep getting an error message "Error ox80070185: The cloud operation was unsuccessful". I have larger files which have successfully downloaded?

Any suggestions

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 4:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:58 AM

Thanks. I suspect that I need to contact Apple Support. I have a very highspeed internet connection and over 500GB free disk space. I have verified that I have the most current version of iCloud for Windows. I am getting other, new pictures, automatically downloading to the same directory.

Paul

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 6, 2023 5:45 AM in response to paulintroy

The error code 0x80070185 means that the cloud operation was unsuccessful. This can happen for a number of reasons, including:

• A network connectivity issue.
  • A problem with the iCloud Photos app on your Windows PC.
  • A problem with the .mov files themselves.

If you're getting this error while downloading .mov files to iCloud Photos on your Windows PC, here are a few things you can try:

1. Check your network connection. Make sure that you're connected to the internet and that your computer has a good signal.
  2. Restart/Update/Reinstall the iCloud Photos app. Close the app and then reopen it.

If you're still getting the error after trying these steps, you can contact Apple Support for help.

Here are some additional tips that may help you fix the error:

• Make sure that you have enough free space on your computer to download the .mov files.
  • Try downloading the files to a different location on your computer.
  • If you're using a VPN, try disabling it and see if that fixes the problem.

Error ox80070185: The cloud operation was unsuccessful

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.