SMS/Call Reporting

I used to have the option to delete and report a spam call but now I don't. I also see that the SMS/call reporting "none" option is enabled and I cannot turn it off. What happened to auto change that? and how do I disable it?

In addition, the same spam company calling with different numbers, twice daily, is not showing up on my blocked contacts list even though I add it EACH time they call. And no, I never answer the calls.

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 8:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 12:20 PM

If it is an iMessage then you should still see the "Report Junk" option at the bottom of the message if it did not come from someone in your Contacts. The Report Junk option also does not come up if you had responded to the number previously.

For SMS messages, the option is dependant on the carrier. The following support article states that "When you use iMessage, you can report spam messages to Apple. Depending on your carrier and country or region, you can also report spam you receive with SMS and MMS."

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

It is possible there was a carrier update, but I do not know why the carrier would remove that feature. I can confirm it is still there with T-Mobile.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2023 12:20 PM in response to liorar

If it is an iMessage then you should still see the "Report Junk" option at the bottom of the message if it did not come from someone in your Contacts. The Report Junk option also does not come up if you had responded to the number previously.

For SMS messages, the option is dependant on the carrier. The following support article states that "When you use iMessage, you can report spam messages to Apple. Depending on your carrier and country or region, you can also report spam you receive with SMS and MMS."

Block, filter, and report messages on iPhone - Apple Support

It is possible there was a carrier update, but I do not know why the carrier would remove that feature. I can confirm it is still there with T-Mobile.

Jul 6, 2023 11:51 AM in response to liorar

The SMS/Call Reporting setting can only be activated when it is used with a supporting app. Check with your carrier to see if the have an app to use for reporting. For example, Verizon uses a Call Filter app that is downloaded from the App Store. For information specific to Verizon, review these support articles.

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-301825/

https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-129719/

Provide you cell carrier and we may be able to provide a solution for you or an app that enables this functionality.

Nov 18, 2023 7:31 PM in response to Mac Jim ID

Desperately waiting for a way to remove or turn off the Delete or Delete and Report option.

People are complaining that it doesn’t block future text from that number so only point for reporting seems to be giving free data and info to the company to sell to third parties. As they get the full text messages sent to them to look over for the “report”

I would love it if that feature was able to be turned off. Its taking advantage of people who delete a bunch of stuff fast and accidentally hit Delete Report since it pops up in the place the normal delete option is in.

Not cool man not cool at all.

SMS/Call Reporting

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.