Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Do you think my iphone's battery usage seem to be normal?

I am using Iphone 13, battery health is 100% and telephone is 2 months old. My iPhone consumes 50% of battery in general within ~2h 50m of screen on and 15 minutes of screen off usage. However my friend's iPhone 13 consumes 55% of battery within ~6 hours of screen on and ~3 hours of screen off usage and his iPhone is 1 year old with 90% battery health.

I am a bit suspicious that my battery doesn't seem to work fine.

Please note: Background app refresh is off. Location services is 'never' for many apps and 'while using' for some of them. iOs version is 16.5.1. Auto-brightness is on. I have already visited iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support.

I have visited an Apple Reseller about the issue. They told me battery health is fine and if iPhone run out of battery fastly, it is probably because of 3rd party applications even if they are installed from AppStore. So my phone has been reset and I've installed only well known applications.

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 2:03 PM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jul 6, 2023 2:15 PM in response to nail-k

You are going to drive yourself crazy if you spend this much time worrying about the battery.

Enable Optimized Battery Charging on the phone

Plug the phone into the charger at night and let it charge all night.....every night

Charge the phone as needed otherwise

Check the battery in 3 months. Health will be 97-98%. Check again at 6 months and it will be about 94-95%. Expect to replace the battery at about 2 years or 24 months.

Wait for other users to comment to get various opinions.

Jul 6, 2023 2:36 PM in response to nail-k

You won't know if things really are normal for 3 months or so. 97-98% Health at time would be normal.

Check once a month if you want to be extra vigilant.

The danger here though is that 97.9% will display as 97% due to rounding, so it can look like the Health drops 1% in a month.....even though it has really declined only .1% or .2% in a month.

Another example......it can look like the Health drops 2% in only one month, when it has really only declined 1.1%

Jul 6, 2023 2:24 PM in response to nail-k

There is no normal. I did note Instagram, which is a battery hog, and also WhatsApp; both from Meta; there’s a message there.

If your phone usage is using the cellular network it can consume a huge amount of energy, especially if you are in an area with a weak signal.

Here’s the simple test: Charge your phone overnight, every night, with Optimized Charging enabled, as Bob Timmons suggested. If you make it to the next nightly charge without having to charge during the day your phone is “normal”.

Do you think my iphone's battery usage seem to be normal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.