Anyone else get sales tax on their subscriptions?

Dear community, I am just wondering has anyone noticed they get a sales tax for when there are subscriptions renewal through Apple I’m just wondering if this is normal and nothing to worry about

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:15 PM

5 replies

Jul 7, 2023 8:39 AM in response to Mac Jim ID

Thank you guys it really helps out a lot. I just never seen this before but I guess if they started doing it then I probably will have to get used to it then so then that means everything goes smoothly and there’s nothing to worry about. Thank you again so just to make sure there is nothing to worry about correct I hope you both have a great day.

Jul 7, 2023 9:59 AM in response to Saricon39

Some states in the USA even have a "use tax" because of Internet sales. In my state Apple and other large businesses have a physical presence and are required to charge tax on any sale made to somebody in this state. A use tax takes this a step further and even if somebody doesn't charge you tax, you are supposed to fill out a form come tax time and pay tax on anything you bought outside the state and pay the difference between that state's tax charged and what you would have paid here. So if I went to a state charging 5% tax and bought a candy bar for $1, I would be expected to pay $1 x (8% (local tax here)-5%) or 3c tax along with income taxes. It's a bit more complicated than that but you get how it works.

Anyone else get sales tax on their subscriptions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.