iphone hacked

My iPhone may have been hacked. I went to a website that when a screen appeared it said I was hacked. Don’t know what to believe, but I want to be safe about it even if it wasn’t. I cleared my browsing cookies. Or rather data browsing history. What else should I do?

iPhone 7, 15

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2023 7:44 PM

The message was probably a lie – intended to get you to panic, and in your panic, to contact the criminals who sent you the message for "help". At which point they would help themselves to your money, or to information they could use to scam you (identity fraud) at a later date.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2023 7:44 PM in response to Softball_2387

The message was probably a lie – intended to get you to panic, and in your panic, to contact the criminals who sent you the message for "help". At which point they would help themselves to your money, or to information they could use to scam you (identity fraud) at a later date.

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apr 2, 2024 6:37 PM in response to Helpdenmarkwiishacked

What's that supposed to be "proof" of?

That the phone keeps extremely verbose logs of what is probably some very ordinary, harmless activity? Logs that are verbose so that if an engineer did have to diagnose some obscure problem or bug, they could – with a great deal of effort – get some idea of what was going on at the time that it happened?

iphone hacked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.