Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I want to remove selected thing from background apps(login items) Mac

the problem is that thing stuck there and I can not remove it

It drives me crazy

If someone has experienced it and know how to remove it please help me

additional information - came with application called POKERSTARS.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 2:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 8:09 AM

Have you removed the PokerStars app from your Application Folder?

If that has been done and the problem still persists, then you will want to search these locations and delete any app that specifically says PokerStars or Rational intellectuals holdings limited. You will want to make sure you have a backup before deleting any files in these locations. Make sure to include the "~" character when indicated. Before going to these locations, you will want to startup in Safe Mode. Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. To go to these locations after starting in Safe Mode, go to the Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder, then copy each location into that window.

• ~/Library/Application Support
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons
  • /Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/Application Support
  • /Library/StartupItems

Some folders may not have anything in them and don't delete any other files. If you have a question about a file, then ask here first.

Similar questions

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 8:09 AM in response to svetlin_stanilov

Have you removed the PokerStars app from your Application Folder?

If that has been done and the problem still persists, then you will want to search these locations and delete any app that specifically says PokerStars or Rational intellectuals holdings limited. You will want to make sure you have a backup before deleting any files in these locations. Make sure to include the "~" character when indicated. Before going to these locations, you will want to startup in Safe Mode. Use safe mode on your Mac - Apple Support. To go to these locations after starting in Safe Mode, go to the Finder and choose Go > Go to Folder, then copy each location into that window.

• ~/Library/Application Support
  • ~/Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/LaunchDaemons
  • /Library/LaunchAgents
  • /Library/Application Support
  • /Library/StartupItems

Some folders may not have anything in them and don't delete any other files. If you have a question about a file, then ask here first.

Dec 2, 2023 10:08 PM in response to ralphmalph84

Start up in Safe Mode - Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Go to Finder > Go > Go to Folder and copy and paste each location below. Don't forget the "~" character in the first item. Take a screenshot of each location and post here. It is likely that there is a file called "com.starstechnologies.updater.plist" in the LaunchDaemons folder that should be removed. If you post a screenshot of each location I may be able to identify other files that should be deleted.

~/Library/LaunchAgents

/Library/LaunchDaemons

/Library/LaunchAgents

Also verify one more time that the PokerStars app is gone from your Application folder and your trash has been emptied.

Jul 7, 2023 7:41 AM in response to svetlin_stanilov

What exactly is "that thing"?

The only thing you have set to open at startup is Safari. If you want to remove that, highlight it and click the "-" .

If you mean the things below "Allow in the background", they not set to auto start. What you likely have there is leftovers from incomplete uninstalls. Pokerstars I bet.

If Pokerstars is still installed, then they cannot be removed unless you completely uninstall the app.

I want to remove selected thing from background apps(login items) Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.