Screen damaged/broke

I can see the screen of my mac broke, without me even touching it, what do I do. It's still under warranty, less than a year since I purchased it.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.4

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 5:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 5:41 AM

This seems like a hardware issue to me. If the laptop is still under warranty, I suggest that you Contact - Official Apple Support and discuss service options

2 replies

Jul 7, 2023 6:14 AM in response to WheelieNick

Keep in mind, unless you purchased AppleCare Plus, which has some accidental protection, you will need to convince them there is no way an accident, household or otherwise could have caused the damage. If you one day found the screen broken, simply out of the blue, and nothing bumped into it that is heavy, and no one else is in the vicinity, and no sign of breakin, those are all important details when you call them.

One thing you can present is the possibility that a defect could have allowed a gap to create conditions for condensation in your screen. If there is evidence of that. But go based on what you can see. An expanding battery which can happen can also push the palmwrest into the screen when the laptop is closed. If it looks warped around the palmrest that would be significant.

Screen damaged/broke

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.