my air tag has been set up but doesn't show in Find My. My software is up to date but air tag will not show up in Bluetooth now either

How do I get my AirTag to show in Find My? I have made sure software is latest version, I have restarted phone numerous times, turned Bluetooth off and on to see if it will pick it up, even while air tag is laying on phone, and it will not show up.

Thanks,

Appgirl09

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 6:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 31, 2023 5:00 PM

I had a similar issue, and after resetting the Air Tag and setting it up on my iPhone a few times (which I now know I didn't need to do), I found that the Air Tag location is displayed in the Find My app when you tap Items at the bottom of the screen. At least it does when the Air Tag is close by. The default view in the Find My app might be Devices, which may only show your iPhone.

If you ever need to reset your Air Tag (to start all over with setup), you can find a video on YouTube.

In my iPhone Settings > Bluetooth, the On/Off switch is set to On. It shows only the Bluetooth connection to my car radio, no Air Tag.

I hope this helps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 31, 2023 5:00 PM in response to Appgirl09

I had a similar issue, and after resetting the Air Tag and setting it up on my iPhone a few times (which I now know I didn't need to do), I found that the Air Tag location is displayed in the Find My app when you tap Items at the bottom of the screen. At least it does when the Air Tag is close by. The default view in the Find My app might be Devices, which may only show your iPhone.

If you ever need to reset your Air Tag (to start all over with setup), you can find a video on YouTube.

In my iPhone Settings > Bluetooth, the On/Off switch is set to On. It shows only the Bluetooth connection to my car radio, no Air Tag.

I hope this helps.

my air tag has been set up but doesn't show in Find My. My software is up to date but air tag will not show up in Bluetooth now either

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.