Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Camera not working with zoom

I am using macOS 12.6.7 and can’t use my camera on zoom i know I need to go into security & privacy In system preferences and and choose the privacy tab and then go to camera my problem is that zoom or any other app does not show up so I can’t check mark anything. Anyone know how to fix this?

iMac (2017 – 2020)

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 7:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 10:12 PM

Hi kbush62,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "Camera not working with zoom"

Thank you ... for clearly stating the difficulty, providing Mac and OS details, and sharing what you have tried!

Seems you may need to open Safari, and Choose Safari > Preferences> Websites (top menu) > Camera (left sidebar) Here you should be able to choose "Ask", Deny", or "Allow", for apps that make use of the Camera.

Apps that do not have "deny" selected should then appear in that privacy tab you mentioned the first time they ask or use the Camera.

More info if needed:

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

or

What to do: If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 10:12 PM in response to kbush62

Hi kbush62,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: "Camera not working with zoom"

Thank you ... for clearly stating the difficulty, providing Mac and OS details, and sharing what you have tried!

Seems you may need to open Safari, and Choose Safari > Preferences> Websites (top menu) > Camera (left sidebar) Here you should be able to choose "Ask", Deny", or "Allow", for apps that make use of the Camera.

Apps that do not have "deny" selected should then appear in that privacy tab you mentioned the first time they ask or use the Camera.

More info if needed:

Control access to the camera on Mac - Apple Support

or

What to do: If FaceTime isn't working on your Mac - Apple Support

All the best :-)

Camera not working with zoom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.