delay in answering calls

I have an iphone 14 with iOS 16.5.1. During the last week I have noticed several times that when someone phones me or when I phone them they cannot hear me. Sometime it can be 2-3 tries either way before they can hear me. Most of the times I hear them. I have not dropped the phone and no weird settings have been implemented.

Any suggestions?

iPhone 14

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 8:42 AM

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 7, 2023 8:42 AM in response to younso

If you have a hearing or sound issue on your device then please try some of these processes to set it right

1. If you have a distorted sound issue on your iPhone --> If you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone, iPad
  2. If you are not able to hear the other person, click this...>If you can't hear a person on a call or voicemail or if the sound isn't ...
  3. If you only hear through speakerphone mode --> If your iPhone is stuck in headphone mode - Apple Support
  4. If the other person is not able to listen to you then please click this to identify the issue --> If the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch aren't ...

If the above options do not mitigate the issues then Contact your carrier and then Contact Apple Support

Jul 15, 2023 5:26 AM in response to SravanKrA

thxs for the tips but I don't think these are the reasons for my problems. I bit of background.

29th June my PC was subjected to ransomeware. Around this time I noticed the problem with my iphone, not exactly when though (it could have been before or after 29th July) since the days after 29th were a bit hazy as I spent the whole weekend reinstalling my PC, changing all my passwords, cancelling all of my credit cards etc. But I having a hard time thinking that my PC problems should have affected my iphone.

What I have tried so far is I have reset all of my network settings and then restarted my phone. I have also made a backup up to my computer today 15th July. Unfortunately I did not switch off the automatic backup that is made to icloud until 6th July.

My question is this. If I want to do a complete reset of my iphone and install a backup from icloud how many versions will I be able to see from there? The one from 6th July obviously but can I see any earlier ones? What will I lose by installing an icloud backup? All my email is on Hotmail and photos I have backuped to my computer but what about text messages? Could it potentially solve my problem with my calls? And if none of the above solves anything I should be to redo the exercise but this time install the backup that I made today to the computer.

delay in answering calls

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.