Changing user ID Issue on Apple TV

I have various Apple TV boxes from Gen 1 to current version but the issue is the same for all.

I have verizon email that I have been using for years to sign on to my Apple TV box. Movie and Music purchases thru that ID thru the years as well. I will no longer be using Verizon as my provider due to a move so I will be losing the Verizon email permanently and it will become free for someone else to snag it.

TI also have and Apple Email that was created when I got my iPad.I am trying to change my Apple TV ID from the Verizon email thats going away to my existing Apple email which I have had for a while as well.

The apple link to change ID link will not let me do that because this is an existing account.

If I make up a new Apple Email account I can then login in with those credentials BUT it wont have access to the purchases made under the verizon email that is going away.

How can I change my ID and not lose all of my purchases?

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 9:02 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 3:24 PM

You can change the email address for your Apple ID account, but it must be an address that is not in use by any other Apple ID account. Change your Apple ID - Apple Support

3 replies

Changing user ID Issue on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.