Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Delete Favorites on iPhone

How do I delete my photos marked as favorites from the favorite album without deleting from my iPhone. I know how to do it on my MacBook but not all my photos are on my computer.

Posted on Jul 7, 2023 5:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 7:58 AM

Open Favorites and choose "Select" from the upper right (or for all of them, "Select All" at upper left) and then tap the circle with 3 dots at the lower right. That gives you a menu of additional choices. You can choose "Unfavorite."

Did that work for you?

5 replies

Jul 8, 2023 12:11 AM in response to johnna44

There is no way to remove the favorite photos from the favorites album, but keep them marked with the heart ♡ as a favorite. The Favorites album is a smart album, based on all photos in the Photos library, showing automatically all photos marked as Favorites.

To remove a photo there you have either to delete it from Photos or to remove the Favorites heart.

Delete Favorites on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.