The password and Id are correct and I cannot remove the activation lock

I cannot reset my ipad even though the password and id are correct. What now??

iPad Pro (1st generation)

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 5:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 5:54 AM

Note that the iPad is requesting the current PassWORD of the AppleID. (Not the iPad’s passCODE). If that’s not the issue …

Two items:

First, login to THAT AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/ and remove the iPad from the list of “Devices.”

Then, reset the iPad following these instructions:

If you’ve forgotten your iPad passcode – Apple Support (AU)

IMPORTANT: Make SURE that the iPad is configured during it’s semi-automated setup routine with a good, working internet connection when it first prompts you for it. (i.e. DON’T choose “setup later”)

If all this fails, submit an Activation Lock Support Request. Link provided near end of this article:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2023 5:54 AM in response to Brookealice08

Note that the iPad is requesting the current PassWORD of the AppleID. (Not the iPad’s passCODE). If that’s not the issue …

Two items:

First, login to THAT AppleID at https://appleid.apple.com/ and remove the iPad from the list of “Devices.”

Then, reset the iPad following these instructions:

If you’ve forgotten your iPad passcode – Apple Support (AU)

IMPORTANT: Make SURE that the iPad is configured during it’s semi-automated setup routine with a good, working internet connection when it first prompts you for it. (i.e. DON’T choose “setup later”)

If all this fails, submit an Activation Lock Support Request. Link provided near end of this article:

How to remove Activation Lock - Apple Support

The password and Id are correct and I cannot remove the activation lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.