Battery draining issue over YouTube app

Battery draining much faster when using YouTube app in iPhone 14 (New iPhone 14 with ios 16.5.1). When using other platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime for the same period as youtube, there is no issue of excessive battery consumption. Even on saved videos, i have tested.

Note - All tips and tricks of battery saving have been tried and done. No further suggestions are needed.

Want a target-specific solution from Apple (only YouTube). If not, i have to believe that the iPhone 14 (ios) <= android phone of the past.

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 5:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 6:33 AM

@ SravanKrA thanks for suggestion. I will communicate with YouTube for the issue.

However, i am rewriting my concerns and thoughts.

1. Battery draining much faster when using YouTube app in iPhone 14 (New iPhone 14 with iOS 16.5.1). When using other platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime for the same period as YouTube, there is no issue of excessive battery consumption. Even on saved videos, i have tested.
  2. Further, When using YouTube, iPhone heats faster than other mentioned Apps. I tried turning off PIP mode, and it fixed the heating issue. But this is not a permanent solution. ** I will test the battery consumption rate when PIP is off against other apps.
  3. I have applied all battery-saving tips on my iPhone to save battery for all the other issues mentioned by other iPhone users and myself have faced over a week. Which actually worked and reduce excessive battery draining; However, these tips and suggestions have made the iPhone iOS feature-less and raised a serious concern over its optimization that iPhone owners are proud of over Android. ** Majority of suggestions are turning off some features of iOS.

I understand that certain time is needed to find and address the bugs in every new iOS updates.. But its been a long time for iOS 16.

Finally- Want a target-specific solution from Apple (if possible), as i have narrowed my remaining problem to YouTube app only (after applying all suggestions of turning off features).

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 8, 2023 6:33 AM in response to ArunChand

@ SravanKrA thanks for suggestion. I will communicate with YouTube for the issue.

However, i am rewriting my concerns and thoughts.

1. Battery draining much faster when using YouTube app in iPhone 14 (New iPhone 14 with iOS 16.5.1). When using other platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime for the same period as YouTube, there is no issue of excessive battery consumption. Even on saved videos, i have tested.
  2. Further, When using YouTube, iPhone heats faster than other mentioned Apps. I tried turning off PIP mode, and it fixed the heating issue. But this is not a permanent solution. ** I will test the battery consumption rate when PIP is off against other apps.
  3. I have applied all battery-saving tips on my iPhone to save battery for all the other issues mentioned by other iPhone users and myself have faced over a week. Which actually worked and reduce excessive battery draining; However, these tips and suggestions have made the iPhone iOS feature-less and raised a serious concern over its optimization that iPhone owners are proud of over Android. ** Majority of suggestions are turning off some features of iOS.

I understand that certain time is needed to find and address the bugs in every new iOS updates.. But its been a long time for iOS 16.

Finally- Want a target-specific solution from Apple (if possible), as i have narrowed my remaining problem to YouTube app only (after applying all suggestions of turning off features).

Jul 8, 2023 5:27 AM in response to ArunChand

If you encounter any challenges with third-party applications or a particular website, I recommend reaching out directly to the respective app developer or site publisher/host for further assistance. Here is how

May 13, 2024 4:52 AM in response to ArunChand

The YouTube app is now damaging the iPhones battery .i don’t know what kind of bug is that but it is now affecting the iPhones battery and peak performance withing 30 mins of use of the YouTube app on the AppStore. This can be possibly intentional by google developers when it comes down to the iPhone compared favoring to their own devices “Androids”. Now I have delete the YouTube app and never use it again maybe only use on safari browser

Battery draining issue over YouTube app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.