Apple Watch 7 Screen quickly and repeatedly turns off

My apple watch 7 quickly and repeatedly turns off the screen. The watch is set for Always On and both the watch and my iPhone 14 have the current iOS. I have turned both the watch and the iPhone off and then on again. None of that helps. What should I do?

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 10:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 8, 2023 11:19 AM

Hmmmmm. Let's try a Forced Restart next. Press and hold BOTH the digital crown and elongated side power button until the screen goes dark and keep holding until the Apple Logo appears, then let go. Sign back in when prompted.

7 replies

Jul 8, 2023 3:55 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Thanks - actually it's working now - it started staying on again after - I experimented and toggled the theatre mode to on and then toggled it off again. (I spent most of my life on Microsoft and learned there that that was always worth a try and not as feeble as it may sound). That was prompted because you mentioned Theatre Mode and even tho it was off, your mentioning it brought me to dwell on it.

So I seem to be operating now and appreciate your staying on it with a series of reasonable prompts so I'm giving you the credit for fixing it.

Thanks

Apple Watch 7 Screen quickly and repeatedly turns off

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.