Lockout with iPhone Unavailable {Emergency]

follow thru support.apple.com/iphone/passcode instruction page but unable to reset iphone 11, even downloaded the iTunes 12.11.3.17, but iTunes does not see my iPhone. any idea how to put iPhone 11 device in recover mode.

Thanks

iPhone 11, iOS 16

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 5:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 7:35 AM

I still remember the passcode. it just that my child entered incorrectly numerous times,and iPhone is locked since. I have tried to follow the link that you refer, and the step: "How to reset your device" section

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try to enter your passcode five times until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later.
  2. When you're able to, continue to enter your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears and you get the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.

iPhone does not provide me keypad or way to enter my passcode 5 times..

The only option I have is click on the Emergency for phone dial pad...

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 7:35 AM in response to SravanKrA

I still remember the passcode. it just that my child entered incorrectly numerous times,and iPhone is locked since. I have tried to follow the link that you refer, and the step: "How to reset your device" section

1. From your device's Lock Screen, try to enter your passcode five times until the "[Device] Unavailable" screen appears and your device asks you to try again later.
  2. When you're able to, continue to enter your passcode until the "Security Lockout" screen appears and you get the Erase [Device] option in the bottom corner of the screen.

iPhone does not provide me keypad or way to enter my passcode 5 times..

The only option I have is click on the Emergency for phone dial pad...

Jul 9, 2023 7:22 AM in response to haison176

If you forgot your passcode, you can use your Apple ID and password to erase and reset your device without a computer.

If you enter the wrong passcode on your iPhone Lock Screen too many times, an alert lets you know that your iPhone is disabled. (Learn what to do if you see "[Device] unavailable" or "Security Lockout" on your iPhone or iPad.)

Lockout with iPhone Unavailable {Emergency]

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.