How do I unlock my apple watch that I was gifted and don't have the ID or password to?

I was gifted an apple watch by a friend and it is locked. She deleted her iWatch account and reset the watch, but it is saying it is locked. What do I do to unlock?

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 7:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 8:44 AM

Please ask your friend to look at this Apple Support document,

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Particularly the section about deleting the watch from her iCloud account and Apple ID using a web browser. I am pretty sure her iCloud and Apple ID still exist, because you are being blocked. Most likely she still has her iPhone and still using the same Apple ID because they never go away even if you delete all the linked devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 8:44 AM in response to Cinjojo

Please ask your friend to look at this Apple Support document,

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else - Apple Support

Particularly the section about deleting the watch from her iCloud account and Apple ID using a web browser. I am pretty sure her iCloud and Apple ID still exist, because you are being blocked. Most likely she still has her iPhone and still using the same Apple ID because they never go away even if you delete all the linked devices.

How do I unlock my apple watch that I was gifted and don't have the ID or password to?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.