how can I stop unwanted, offensive emails?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 10.15

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 8:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 10:22 AM

Depending on who your e-mail account is with ?

You might be able to Log into the Web Portal of your e-mail provider

Some and not all Providers may or may not offer >> Add e-mail addresses and or Domain names ( after the @ sign ie xx@icloud.com ) and Block the Sender or Domain

Domain Blocking will block ALL e-mail Addresses coming from ie xx@icoud.com so be careful using this method

This will not eliminate the offensive e-mails but may stop more from getting into your Inbox

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2023 10:22 AM in response to thehdrev

Depending on who your e-mail account is with ?

You might be able to Log into the Web Portal of your e-mail provider

Some and not all Providers may or may not offer >> Add e-mail addresses and or Domain names ( after the @ sign ie xx@icloud.com ) and Block the Sender or Domain

Domain Blocking will block ALL e-mail Addresses coming from ie xx@icoud.com so be careful using this method

This will not eliminate the offensive e-mails but may stop more from getting into your Inbox

Jul 9, 2023 8:47 AM in response to thehdrev

I'm quite happy using spamcop.net to report them enough times until their ISP or Mail provider takes them down

You pay $15 to report a whole lot, not sure how many, but seems like about a year's worth... you get spam, you forward it to them, they'll track down the obfuscated senders & might take 2, 3, 4 times but the spammer will have to remove you from the spam list they bought... I actually think if there were about one million more people using spamcop.net that a spammers life would be nearly impossible to survive.

Of course if you have years or decades of being a nice spam receiver it could take a bit to make headway on it.

Last spam I got was on 06/23/2023

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.