Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

IPhone 14 Pro gets extremely hot

Why does my iPhone 14 pro get extremely hot several times a day, seemingly unrelated to anything I am doing with the phone, often when I am not even using the phone?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Jul 9, 2023 12:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2023 4:13 PM

Greetings Breezy397,

It sound like you have already tried to narrow down the cause of the issue, which is much appreciate. We'd recommend that you make sure that the iOS software on your device is up-to-date. The latest version of iOS is 16.5.1. The update process can frequently address unexpected software behavior. Here's a guide to help: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If the software is up-to-date and you're still having the issue, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further support. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Contact - Official Apple Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2023 4:13 PM in response to Breezy397

Greetings Breezy397,

It sound like you have already tried to narrow down the cause of the issue, which is much appreciate. We'd recommend that you make sure that the iOS software on your device is up-to-date. The latest version of iOS is 16.5.1. The update process can frequently address unexpected software behavior. Here's a guide to help: Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support.

If the software is up-to-date and you're still having the issue, you may want to reach out to Apple Support directly for further support. You can reach out to them by clicking here: Contact - Official Apple Support or over the phone by calling the number that is most local to your region: Contact Apple for support and service - Apple Support.

We hope this information helps you out.

Cheers!

Jul 10, 2023 1:41 PM in response to 1ssmith

Thank you so much for trying to help me, but I don’t play any graphic heavy games, and it usually gets hot when I am not even using it. It has also gotten hot when I was taking a few photos, but the high heat does not correlate to any activity. Also, when it gets hot, it seems that my battery runs down quickly. When I first got this 14 Pro just 7 months ago, my battery easily lasted all day and the heat issue didn’t start till about 3 months ago.

Jul 12, 2023 12:40 PM in response to genieen16

Hi genieen16,

Apparently I did speak to the customer care executive over a call and they performed a diagnosis too, but nothing was detected.

The next day I visited an apple authorised service centre as well, after their diagnosis they did agree that if gets heated up unusually but there’s nothing that they can do because the diagnosis did not detect any hardware issue. They simply reset my phone and asked me to wait for 1-2 updates from apple with the fix, if any.

Jul 13, 2023 5:56 AM in response to Breezy397

Mine gets extremely hot too for literally no reason. I have tried everything under the sun that's suggested and apparently there's no simple solution. Apple keeps making millions and even billions of dollars yet won't replace anything for free unless something is in it for them. Spending so much on a phone that functions improperly is honestly ridiculous.

IPhone 14 Pro gets extremely hot

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.